This procedure, and these files, will NOT provide A faster BackTrader experience. This process is for backtrading when you have no access to the internet.
For faster backtrading, you will need internet access and in OptionVue8, you need to got to DATA then COLLECT BACKTRADER DATA, and collect your data for your desired asset.
To download an archive:
1) Right click on the link(s) below for each asset and time period and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." depending on which browser you are using.
2) In the "Save As" dialogue box, choose "Desktop" on the left and then click the "Save" button.
3) On your desktop, find the .zip file you downloaded, for example "es.2005.zip" and double click it.
4) Press Ctrl+A (hold down Ctrl/Control and then press and release A) to select all the files. There are an extremely large number of files in each archive so please use this method as opposed to clicking and dragging a selection.
5) Press Ctrl+C to copy these files to the clipboard.
6) Now navigate to your OpVue8 archive folder, the default is C:\OpVue8\Archive. Most users will be able to click "Local Disk (C:)" on the left hand side, then double click the OpVue8 folder and finally double click the Archive folder.
7) Press Ctrl+V to paste the files, which will start the process of copying the files. Depending on the speed of your computer this might take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. If you get a warning about files of the same name existing, choose "Replace the files in the destination" if you are on Windows 8 or later or "Copy and replace" if you are on Windows 7.
That's it, you're done! When opening that particular asset for that time frame your OptionVue will pull the data from those local files instead of going out to our server, which is particularly handy for our users who do not have a strong Internet connection to New York where our servers are located.
The settings in the screenshot below were used when collecting this data. Set your own AutoStrike to these settings or smaller to ensure that your OptionVue client will not need to go out to the server to fill any data.